Posts are found under each category in bold. If you click on the title listed here, the link will take you to that post.
Reading and Scribbling.
The Three Kiss-offs
- Aphasia: the stages
- Living with aphasia
- Visual cut: the jughandle
- Visual cut: the bank door
- How could she do that?
- Another needle stick
- Methodology: Stupid, To present, Wake up, OCD Philology, 4 truths/8 steps
- Aphasia hurts
- Doing aphasia
- Talking about shame
- Pain, disturbance, and “bad things”
- Shame, pain, grief and sorrow
- Does pain hurt?
- To disturb
- Disturbing the pain
- Moments of nervous vitality
- Did you know?
- The handmaid’s tale
- Bad things
- Methodology aside. Everybody has one.
- Just imagine.
- Think about it.
- Can’t you smell it?
- I feel your pain.
- The pain of others.
- “Bad me”
- The axle hole.
- The inescapable affliction
- I’ll be glad when the midterm elections are done so we can talk about Ebola without bouncing between defending incompetence and exploiting fear.
Is pain inevitable and suffering optional?
- Why does Euthyphro hurt?
- Opt in, opt out
- Exchange on suffering is optional?
- One more comment on suffering is optional.
- Pain, sensation, suffering and self.
- Misery’s shadow.
- When do we begin to hurt?
- Suffering may not be inevitable, but that doesn’t make it optional.
Imagining and ordering pain, suffering, and illness.
- They have cast off restraint in my presence. Job 30:11
- Imagining compassion: Guanyin
- Imagining order: religion
- Imagining innocent suffering: Patācārā
- Imagining order: art (1)
- Imagining order: art (2)
- Is this digression good, pleasant, or blissful?
- Imagining order: art for life (3)
- Not really a digression, after all
- To emerge to order
- Chance and sufferance
Whoever you are, I love you.
I will miss you.
Driving under the influence of Dunkin’ Donuts
Open close open.
Who was I? and other inappropriate attentions.